Quantcast

Simplified Chinese translations

min zhang
hi,
I updated both Audacity and Audacity_website (incompletely)
I mitght don't have time to finish Audacity_website, but I translated everything I thought was important (only left some FAQs and Realease notes).

And I find some items in Audacity 2.0.5 is still English, such as 'Click Track' in 'Generate' menu.

And there's a Effect named Reverb, is there any manual of that, I find diffcult to translate it (I have to guess based on their functions)

audacity-website_zh.po (597K) Download Attachment
audacity_zh.po (390K) Download Attachment

Re: Simplified Chinese translations

Gale (Audacity Team)
Administrator
"min zhang" wrote:
> I updated both Audacity and Audacity_website (incompletely)
> I mitght don't have time to finish Audacity_website, but I translated
> everything I thought was important (only left some FAQs and Realease notes).

OK thanks. I already committed the .po file for the interface (and just now,
your update for it), and I now committed and pushed the .po file for the
web site. Sorry there was no response for a long time.

The FAQ's on audacity.sourceforge.net are worth translating because
although somewhat outdated they are the only source of help in
Simplified Chinese, unless you you know anyone who is willing to
work in Mediawiki translating our Manual to Simplified Chinese:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/Main_Page .

If you know of anyone, please let me know (I would have to create an
account for them on the Manual so they could translate).

> And I find some items in Audacity 2.0.5 is still English, such as 'Click
> Track' in 'Generate' menu.
All Generators, Effects and Analyzers that are underneath the divider in
those menus are Nyquist effects. There is no method of translating those
yet.

> And there's a Effect named Reverb, is there any manual of that, I find
> diffcult to translate it (I have to guess based on their functions)
Yes here is a description of the controls in the Manual:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/reverb.html .