Sound Recording Problems

Randyyo
Hi, I have the following system:

Win 7 Professional
USB sound card (VXI Translator)
Audacity 1.3 Beta
Behringer Mixer
Audio 2000 Wireless Hand-held microphone

When first installed, this set-up recorded nicely.  It was clear and clean.

The last two times I have recorded, the recording sounds like the person speaking is on the other side of the room.  I am not able to use the voice through.

I have not made any changes to the settings or the way in which everything was connected. The only difference is that I experimented with different sounds in Win 7 (system sound software).

Do you have any ideas on why this would begin to happen?

Thanks,

Randy