Space before ellipsis in German

A suggestion has been made that given the German translators add a space
before an ellipsis in menu items, they should add a space at the end of Effect,
Generator and Analyze items. Then for these items the space would appear
before the ellipsis that Audacity adds, and the interface would look consistent.

I tried it and it works, so do the German translators agree?

Are there other languages that customarily put a space before the ellipsis?
If there are many such languages, I guess Audacity could add the space for
those languages, but for just one or two languages it seems better that the
translators do it.

Thoughts?

Re: Space before ellipsis in German

scootergrisen
Den 05-08-2015 kl. 18:40 skrev Gale:

> A suggestion has been made that given the German translators add a space
> before an ellipsis in menu items, they should add a space at the end of
> Effect,
> Generator and Analyze items. Then for these items the space would appear
> before the ellipsis that Audacity adds, and the interface would look
> consistent.
>
> I tried it and it works, so do the German translators agree?
>
> Are there other languages that customarily put a space before the ellipsis?
> If there are many such languages, I guess Audacity could add the space for
> those languages, but for just one or two languages it seems better that the
> translators do it.
>
> Thoughts?
>

> Gale

I just asked  the same question to a group of danish translator, but it
seems not all agree that there should be space before ... when using in
menus. So i dont know.

"Draw Tool" popup window not translated

Thomas De Rocker-2
Hello

The popup window appearing when trying to use the draw tool when not zoomed in, has an untranslated title:

<script type="jsv#1133_"></script>

Could anyone update this string so it's possible to translate?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Thomas
<script type="jsv/1133_"></script>

Re: "Draw Tool" popup window not translated

James Crook
I've made the change in GitHub/Source.

Current plan is to generate updated files for translation for 2.1.2 on 6th September.
Thanks for drawing attention to this.

--James.