Stem plots now the default.

James Crook
For zoomed in views I have made stem plots the default rather than being
something people opt in to.

http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/New_features_in_this_release#stemplots

I think they look better, and they are also arguably 'more correct' than
joining the dots.

It is an easy change to undo if people think this was a mistake.

Re: Stem plots now the default.

Stevethefiddle

On 17 May 2017 at 19:49, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
For zoomed in views I have made stem plots the default rather than being
something people opt in to.

http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/New_features_in_this_release#stemplots

I think they look better, and they are also arguably 'more correct' than
joining the dots.

I think they look cool with the dark theme,and if you look at (for example) generated noise, they are certainly "less un-truthful" ;-)
I've no complaint about this being the default for now, though eventually I'd like to see sinc interpolation joining the dots as the default (todo).

Steve

It is an easy change to undo if people think this was a mistake.

Re: Stem plots now the default.

Stevethefiddle
It seems everyone is happy with Step Plot being the new default. Can
RM confirm that it will remain so in the 2.2.0 release?

Thanks
Steve