Quantcast

Stem plots now the default.

James Crook
For zoomed in views I have made stem plots the default rather than being
something people opt in to.

http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/New_features_in_this_release#stemplots

I think they look better, and they are also arguably 'more correct' than
joining the dots.

It is an easy change to undo if people think this was a mistake.

Re: Stem plots now the default.

Stevethefiddle

On 17 May 2017 at 19:49, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
For zoomed in views I have made stem plots the default rather than being
something people opt in to.

http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/New_features_in_this_release#stemplots

I think they look better, and they are also arguably 'more correct' than
joining the dots.

I think they look cool with the dark theme,and if you look at (for example) generated noise, they are certainly "less un-truthful" ;-)
I've no complaint about this being the default for now, though eventually I'd like to see sinc interpolation joining the dots as the default (todo).

Steve