Stereo Image/Spatialization using Nyquist - Help Appreciated!

Stereo Image/Spatialization using Nyquist - Help Appreciated!

Emerson
Hi All,

I'm brand-new to Nyquist/LISP/Stereo Imaging in general.  What I'm trying to do is take several sounds (short WAV files) and place them in different locations in the stereo image - for example, one out in the distance to my right, one directly behind and to my left, etc etc.

I've been looking for existing plug-ins, and found several implementations of HRTFs/Binaural filters, which are great, but the missing step is to take in a sound and be able to use coordinates of some kind to place it.  I have been trying to build my own plugin, but as a novice I'm having a lot of trouble.

For one I can't seem to 'call' the functions in /lib/, for example, p1-position.  Is there a way to do this in an Audacity plugin?

I downloaded the source and tried just copying the code for the p1-position function and the functions it depends on into a plugin, but that hasn't worked either (yet).

Thanks - any feedback/help appreciated.

Emerson

Re: Stereo Image/Spatialization using Nyquist - Help Appreciated!

Stevethefiddle