String freeze for Audacity 1.2.4 - please translate by Nov 1

String freeze for Audacity 1.2.4 - please translate by Nov 1

dmazzoni
Hello Audacity translators:

We have done a string freeze for Audacity 1.2.4.  This is simply a
bug fix release and there are very few changes - about 20 more
strings than the previous version.  Please find the audacity.pot file
here:

   http://audacity.sourceforge.net/community/translation

Please send your completed .po files directly to me for this release
<[hidden email]>.  If you have questions about how to
translate a particular string, please send them to the list.

Please try to finish translating by Tuesday, November 1, if at all
possible.  If you intend to finish a translation but aren't quite
done by November 1st, please email me before that date so I know to
wait for your translation.

We have also been working hard on a brand-new version of Audacity
with hundreds of new features, and we intend to release the first
beta version soon (it will be Audacity 1.3.0).  We are not yet ready
for you to begin translating this version, but I will post more
information soon.

Thanks,
Dominic

Re: String freeze for Audacity 1.2.4 - please translate by Nov 1

dmazzoni
Just a reminder: please check for "fuzzy" strings.  If the
translation is still good, please remove the fuzzy mark.

- Dominic

On Oct 21, 2005, at 1:38 AM, Dominic Mazzoni wrote:

> Hello Audacity translators:
>
> We have done a string freeze for Audacity 1.2.4.  This is simply a
> bug fix release and there are very few changes - about 20 more
> strings than the previous version.  Please find the audacity.pot
> file here:
>
>   http://audacity.sourceforge.net/community/translation
>
> Please send your completed .po files directly to me for this
> release <[hidden email]>.  If you have questions about
> how to translate a particular string, please send them to the list.
>
> Please try to finish translating by Tuesday, November 1, if at all
> possible.  If you intend to finish a translation but aren't quite
> done by November 1st, please email me before that date so I know to
> wait for your translation.
>
> We have also been working hard on a brand-new version of Audacity
> with hundreds of new features, and we intend to release the first
> beta version soon (it will be Audacity 1.3.0).  We are not yet
> ready for you to begin translating this version, but I will post
> more information soon.
>
> Thanks,
> Dominic

Re: String freeze for Audacity 1.2.4 - please translate by Nov 1

dooteo-2
Hi all,

What does a 'spike' means exactly?

#: ../src/effects/ClickRemoval.cpp:333
msgid ""
"\n"
"Max spike width (higher is more sensitive)"

Thanks,

Dooteo

Re: String freeze for Audacity 1.2.4 - please translate by Nov 1

Tino Meinen
Op vr, 21-10-2005 te 12:07 +0200, schreef dooteo:
> Hi all,
>
> What does a 'spike' means exactly?
>

> #: ../src/effects/ClickRemoval.cpp:333
> msgid ""
> "\n"
> "Max spike width (higher is more sensitive)"
Seeing this is in ClickRemoval.cpp, this has to do with whether a
peak/spike in the wave-form is considered to be a click that needs to be
removed or not.

Would be more logical if it had said:
"Max spike width (wider is more sensitive)"

as right now it might lead people to think that the hight of the spike
is the discriminator, not the width of the spike.

regards,
Tino Meinen

Re: String freeze for Audacity 1.2.4 - please translate by Nov 1

Christian Brochec
I just updated POT file. No new string, only 3 obsolete removed.

Is there a problem ?

Christian Brochec
Audacity's french translator

Dominic Mazzoni a écrit :

> Hello Audacity translators:
>
> We have done a string freeze for Audacity 1.2.4.  This is simply a
> bug fix release and there are very few changes - about 20 more
> strings than the previous version.  Please find the audacity.pot file
> here:
>
>   http://audacity.sourceforge.net/community/translation
>
> Please send your completed .po files directly to me for this release
> <[hidden email]>.  If you have questions about how to
> translate a particular string, please send them to the list.
>
> Please try to finish translating by Tuesday, November 1, if at all
> possible.  If you intend to finish a translation but aren't quite
> done by November 1st, please email me before that date so I know to
> wait for your translation.
>
> We have also been working hard on a brand-new version of Audacity
> with hundreds of new features, and we intend to release the first
> beta version soon (it will be Audacity 1.3.0).  We are not yet ready
> for you to begin translating this version, but I will post more
> information soon.
>
> Thanks,
> Dominic

Re: String freeze for Audacity 1.2.4 - please translate by Nov 1

Christian Brochec
Sorry for my previous message,

The problem was because of no POT extension for the new file, that make
me mistake with an older POT file.

Everything is allright now.

Dominic Mazzoni a écrit :

> Hello Audacity translators:
>
> We have done a string freeze for Audacity 1.2.4.  This is simply a
> bug fix release and there are very few changes - about 20 more
> strings than the previous version.  Please find the audacity.pot file
> here:
>
>   http://audacity.sourceforge.net/community/translation
>
> Please send your completed .po files directly to me for this release
> <[hidden email]>.  If you have questions about how to
> translate a particular string, please send them to the list.
>
> Please try to finish translating by Tuesday, November 1, if at all
> possible.  If you intend to finish a translation but aren't quite
> done by November 1st, please email me before that date so I know to
> wait for your translation.
>
> We have also been working hard on a brand-new version of Audacity
> with hundreds of new features, and we intend to release the first
> beta version soon (it will be Audacity 1.3.0).  We are not yet ready
> for you to begin translating this version, but I will post more
> information soon.
>
> Thanks,
> Dominic

Re: String freeze for Audacity 1.2.4 - please translate by Nov 1

Christian Brochec
Allways me !!!

Is there a way to get an Audacity 1.2.4 or 1.3 beta installer for Windows ? It is difficult to translate  without context. And quite impossible to verify.

Other thing : my POT files contains more than 20 fuzzy translated strings, some of them silly or mistranslated (inverted meaning).
Where do they come from ?

Chrsitian Brochec

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by the JBoss Inc. Get Certified Today * Register for a JBoss Training Course Free Certification Exam for All Training Attendees Through End of 2005 Visit http://www.jboss.com/services/certification for more information _______________________________________________ Audacity-translation mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-translation

On Oct 24, 2005, at 1:00 AM, Christian Brochec wrote:
> Allways me !!!
>
> Is there a way to get an Audacity 1.2.4 or 1.3 beta installer for
> Windows ? It is difficult to translate  without context. And quite
> impossible to verify.

We will give you 1.2.4 in a day or two.  1.3 beta might be a little
later - but we're not ready for a translation yet anyway.

> Other thing : my POT files contains more than 20 fuzzy translated
> strings, some of them silly or mistranslated (inverted meaning).
> Where do they come from ?

I'm not sure.  When we change the order of strings in the code, the
translations sometimes get confused.  But I'm not sure about inverted
meaning - do you think a previous translator made a mistake?  Or is
it just associating the wrong translation with the wrong string?

- Dominic