Suggestion: export RAW

Olaf Marzocchi-2
Hi all,
I send this mail without being subscribed to the list, so please
answer to my personal mail address if needed.

The suggestion is to add RAW export capabilities: I use Audacity to
create impulse responses with drc-fir.sf.net and I need to export to
32 floats raw files.
Audacity already supports import...

Thank you
Olaf Marzocchi

Re: Suggestion: export RAW

audacity-help mailing list

    | From Olaf Marzocchi
    | Mon, 2 Jul 2007 08:42:14 +0200
    | Subject: [Audacity-help] Suggestion: export RAW
    | The suggestion is to add RAW export capabilities: I use Audacity to
    | create impulse responses with drc-fir.sf.net and I need to export to
    | 32 floats raw files.

Assuming you are using a 1.2.x version of Audacity, go to the File Formats
tab of Preferences and in the "Uncompressed Export Format" dropdown, click
"Other".  In the "File Format" dialogue that pops up, choose "Raw (Headerless)"
for the Header and "32 bit float" for the Encoding.

Gale Andrews

Outbound message virus free.
Tested on: 7/2/2007 8:19:18 AM

Re: Suggestion: export RAW

Olaf Marzocchi-2
Thank you, I forgot about that. I thought it was referring only to the
Wav format, but you are right, it makes sense.

Regards,
Olaf Marzocchi

2007/7/2, Audacity Help <[hidden email]>:

>     | From Olaf Marzocchi
>     | Mon, 2 Jul 2007 08:42:14 +0200
>     | Subject: [Audacity-help] Suggestion: export RAW
>     | The suggestion is to add RAW export capabilities: I use Audacity to
>     | create impulse responses with drc-fir.sf.net and I need to export to
>     | 32 floats raw files.
>
> Assuming you are using a 1.2.x version of Audacity, go to the File Formats
> tab of Preferences and in the "Uncompressed Export Format" dropdown, click
> "Other".  In the "File Format" dialogue that pops up, choose "Raw (Headerless)"
> for the Header and "32 bit float" for the Encoding.
>

> Gale Andrews
>

> Outbound message virus free.
> Tested on: 7/2/2007 8:19:18 AM

Re: Suggestion: export RAW

John Q.
... and several years later this comment helped me out enormously.

Thanks !!

Re: Suggestion: export RAW

Jack H
I agree with John Q.  This has also helped me out enormously

Re: Suggestion: export RAW

Raza
Its helped me out too! thanks