Suggestion for translation credits

scootergrisen
In the about dialog names of the different deveoplers and so on appear.
One name on each line.

Execpt for the translators.
They just have one string to write all the names and \n are not
supported to make newlines and there are no title.

1. I would like a title added for the translators.

2. I would like for each translators names to appear 1 on each line (\n)

3. Write a comment in the po file so translators know that they have to
separate each name by \n.

Something like:
#: src/AboutDialog.cpp:238 src/AboutDialog.cpp:240
# seperate each translator name by newline (\n)
msgid "translator_credits"
msgstr "First name\nSecond name\nThird name"

So the result would be something like:

Credits

  Translators

   First name
   Second name
   Third name

  Audacity Developers

   Richard Ash

Re: Suggestion for translation credits

James Crook

Thanks for your suggestion.

The single line is intended for the translation into that language, e.g.
the German translator appears on the German translation, the Hungarian
translator on the Hungarian translation.

I do not want to give all translators (and all historical translators)
equal billing to each other.  We have many incomplete translations for
Audacity from people who have contributed some translation, once, at
some time in the past.  Unfortunately the incomplete translations (<70%
translated) are not a great deal of use.

I would be in favour of a page on on our website, listing the
translators and the percentage complete of the translation for the
current version of Audacity, if translators want that and if there were
someone willing to keep that page up to date.

--James
(Release Manager for 2.1.1)