Quantcast

Time shifting clips using the keyboard and the TrackPanel refactor

Time shifting clips using the keyboard and the TrackPanel refactor

David Bailes-3
Paul, as I've mentioned a few times recently I've been working on making clips accessible for keyboard users.
My code for the time shifting clips using the keyboard makes use of existing code in TrackPanel, which you are planning on moving.
To be more specific, for each of the functions TrackPanel::DoSlide and TrackPanel::StartSlide, I've created a function for some of the functionality, which is used both by the Mouse code, and by my keyboard code.
My current work for this is available here:

When are you planning to commit your TrackPanel refactor? Does your current refactor easily allow, or is easily modifiable to allow, the time shifting of clips using either the mouse or the keyboard?
If the time shifting of clips isn't easily achievable using your current TrackPanel refactor, then I'd prefer to commit my code first, so that you see what changes are needed to your refactor.

David.

Re: Time shifting clips using the keyboard and the TrackPanel refactor

Paul Licameli
David, do what you wish, and let me figure out the merge.

I have decided that exception handling is my near priority and I do not want to delay other developments.

PRL