Track start/end

Robert Hänggi
Hi

David has recently worked on this.

The shortcuts j and k jump to the first start/last end of the selected tracks.

If no tracks are selected, we'll get this ugly message (see also
David's commit comment):

[Window Title]
Disallowed

[Content]
There was a problem with your last action. If you think
this is a bug, please tell us exactly where it occurred.

[OK]

How should this case properly be treated?

I think a dialog similar to the one that pops up when you try to apply
an effect without selection would be better:

[Window Title]
Disallowed

[Content]
You must first select some audio to perform this action.
(Selecting other kinds of track won't work.)

[OK]

A secondary option would be to take the focused track as target.

This could be helpful in some situations.
For instance: A project with tracks aligned end to end. You would
simply navigate to a track and press j and space to hear it without
selecting and deselecting all the time. Of course, this works only if
no track is selected in the beginning.

Robert