Trouble Finding Lame Library

RFAcres
Here's the situation:

MacBook Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz) OS X v10.6.5
Audacity 1.2.5
library file applied was Lame_Library_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_OSX.pkg

When trying to find the dylib file it does not appear in the list. Default install location was used during install of the package. There is a small red "do not enter" style symbol on the lib folder icon in the "Open", "Where is libmp3lame.dylib?" finder window.

If I logout of my regular user account and then login as superuser, I can find the dylib file and apply the library with no problem. When logged in as superuser, Audacity will export to mp3. Logging in as the regular user, Audacity will not automatically export to mp3 and still cannot find the dylib file by either the preferences route or export route. The Lame package was initially installed using the regular user account.

I have changed the regular user account to now be able to administer the Mac, but no joy. I have run the OS X Disk Utility fix permissions, restarted the Mac and still the regular user (still with admin') cannot see the dylib file through Audacity.

Eventually I gave up and took the file over to a Windows PC and some other sound utility to do the small conversion I wanted. I would prefer to have Audacity working with Lame as the MacBook is what I carry most of the time. I prefer to not login with the superuser account for daily use and security.

Suggestions?

Thank you,
Brian