Tryint to get started with FFT

Tavys Ashcroft
Hello,

I'm trying to get started with Nyquist programming.  I should probably
start smaller, but I want to use FFT.  My idea is to take an FFT of a
sound and then manipulate that data before using IFFT to turn it back
into sound.  I've been looking at the Nyquist FFT examples and I don't
quite get how it works in Nyquist.  I'm used to the Matlab way of
doing it, which seems easier to me.  How would I write an Audacity
plugin that took FFT data and put it into an array (or "list" as
Nyquist calls it)?  Thanks!

-Tavys