USB Mic and input mic?

classicalmusicplayer
I have an usb mic and an input jack that I use for my piano/guitar/violin ect. Is there a way to record both at the same time? Thanks

Re: USB Mic and input mic?

Did you see "This list is no longer active"?

The USB mic and the computer input are separate devices. Audacity cannot record from multiple devices at the same time, and the devices will have different clock speeds, so any workarounds will probably lead to desynchronised recording in which you cannot separate the mic from the instrument. Much better to record the instrument first, then the mic while listening to the instrument, then you can edit each track separately.

See
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_recording_how_to_s.html#twomics
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_recording_how_to_s.html#overdub .

If you have more questions please ask on the Forum:
http://forum.audacityteam.org/ .

Gale