Updated Norwegian translation, plus extra questions

Updated Norwegian translation, plus extra questions

Imre Eilertsen

After spending an all-nighter on the new lines (given the 7-day strict-ish deadline), I have 1 updated completed translation, 1 problem, and 1 suggestion.

Here is the translation! Of course, since I wouldn't be able to test the new translation with the old Audacity version, there could be some oddities present in the translated lines that I can't fix in time, but here it is nonetheless (hopefully as an attachment)! A confirmation when it has been commited would've been nice.

I do have one problem with two of the lines, as can be seen in the .PNG that I'll also attach. They present me with the error "number of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr' does not match" in Poedit, despite my darnest attempts to try many different sentence structures in the translation of them. So I have no idea how to make Poedit recognise them as legit lines.

I also have one suggestion for all Audacity translations (including English). Unicode has come a very long way since it began almost twenty years ago, and therefore I can't see why we'd want to use such writing codes as (C), ®, -->, >, or Command, when it has become possible to use ©, ®, →, →, and ⌘ for them instead.

nb.po (571K) Download Attachment
Value problems.PNG (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Updated Norwegian translation, plus extra questions

Yuri Chornoivan
понеділок, 21-лис-2016 07:23:58 Imre Eilertsen написано:
> I do have one problem with two of the lines, as can be seen in the .PNG
> that I'll also attach. They present me with the error "number of format
> specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr' does not match" in Poedit,
> despite my darnest attempts to try many different sentence structures in
> the translation of them. So I have no idea how to make Poedit recognise
> them as legit lines.

Hi,

James Crook have written earlier that he will see today what can be done.

Best regards,
Yuri

On 11/21/2016 6:23 AM, Imre Eilertsen wrote:
> After spending an all-nighter on the new lines (given the 7-day
> strict-ish deadline), I have 1 updated completed translation, 1
> problem, and 1 suggestion.
Thanks for your well beyond the call of duty work!
I've checked your updated nb.po into git.

I've also made the change Yuri explained, so that those two strings can
be translated, so I have updated audacity.pot and all .po files.

We'll look into more unicode use during development of 2.1.4.  It sounds
like a good idea.  We may need to be careful, e.g. where we use Python 2
scripts.  I'm very much in favour of ⌘ rather than Command.

--James.