Quantcast

Updated installation instructions for 2.1.3 Mac?

Updated installation instructions for 2.1.3 Mac?

Bill Wharrie
Given the change to “bundled” plug-ins, and the change to using ~/Library/Application Support/audacity/plug-ins for user-added plug-ins, it may be useful to included expanded installation instructions on our download page.

Specifically, we could mention:
- what it means when you see duplicated plug-ins in the menus and what to do
- how to save your user-added/extra plug-ins before deleting your 2.1.2 folder

Thoughts?

— Bill

Re: Updated installation instructions for 2.1.3 Mac?

Thanks, Bill. Indeed I had already planned to change that page for
2.1.3 release along the lines you suggest (and the Manual now
documents this too).

Unfortunately we have not done this for 2.1.3, but mac/Install.txt
could contain similar information.

I would recommend mentioning all-in-one as a Change/Improvement
in the 2.1.3 Release Notes. It's a big "change".

Personally I regard duplicated working effects from previously released
Audacity for Mac as a P2 bug (viewed as from the start of 2.1.4). .

Gale

On 10 February 2017 at 16:34, Bill Wharrie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Given the change to “bundled” plug-ins, and the change to using ~/Library/Application Support/audacity/plug-ins for user-added plug-ins, it may be useful to included expanded installation instructions on our download page.
>
> Specifically, we could mention:
> - what it means when you see duplicated plug-ins in the menus and what to do
> - how to save your user-added/extra plug-ins before deleting your 2.1.2 folder
>
> Thoughts?
>
> — Bill

Re: Updated installation instructions for 2.1.3 Mac?

Bill Wharrie

> On 2017/02/10, at 3:18 PM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Bill. Indeed I had already planned to change that page for
> 2.1.3 release along the lines you suggest (and the Manual now
> documents this too).

Gale:
Great. I will leave it in your capable hands.
— Bill