Updated po files available for translation

Updated po files available for translation

James Crook
I've updated the .po files (and added the audacity.pot file if you need
it) here:
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/tree/master/locale

You can get the files by clicking on the filename and then clicking RAW.

We will need translations by 28th June, if they are to make the 2.1.1
release.

Please do ask questions here about what the strings mean, where it is
not clear how they should be translated.
We are not translating the website.

Thank you for your help by translating Audacity!

--James
(Audacity Release Manager for 2.1.1).

Re: Updated po files available for translation

scootergrisen
> I've updated the .po files (and added the audacity.pot file if you need
> it) here:
> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/tree/master/locale

Ok but i have made changes to the older translation, so how do i get my
po file updated to the latest changes without loosing the changes i have
made?

Also if the translation is for 2.1.1 then should it not say that version at:
"Project-Id-Version: Audacity 2.0.0\n"

Or how can people know what version the translation is for?

Re: Updated po files available for translation

Yuri Chornoivan
написане Mon, 15 Jun 2015 04:00:31 +0300, scootergrisen
<[hidden email]>:

>> I've updated the .po files (and added the audacity.pot file if you need
>> it) here:
>> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/tree/master/locale
>
> Ok but i have made changes to the older translation, so how do i get my
> po file updated to the latest changes without loosing the changes i have
> made?

Hi,

It depends on your favorite translation tool.

So you can

1. Use
   msgmerge -U your.po audacity.pot
   from command line
2. Use Lokalize synchronization capabilities (Settings -> Tools) to update
new po with existing translations.
3. Use poEdit "Update from POT file":
http://www.marketpressthemes.com/blog/how-to-merge-two-po-files-using-poedit/
4. Wait until Tx updates its catalog and just upload your
old-catalog-based translation there.

Hope this helps.

> Also if the translation is for 2.1.1 then should it not say that version
> at:
> "Project-Id-Version: Audacity 2.0.0\n"
>
> Or how can people know what version the translation is for?

It's just a "2.0.6" in configure.ac. So developers can easily fix this.

Best regards,
Yuri

"Pan" to "Balance"

scootergrisen
I suggest changing "Pan" til "Balance" in the translation.

Re: Updated po files available for translation

Thomas Breinstrup

> From: scootergrisen<[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Audacity-translation] Updated po files available for
> translation
[...]
> Ok but i have made changes to the older translation, so how do i get my
> po file updated to the latest changes without loosing the changes i have
> made?
The Danish version already IS the latest version and has been for some
time, where all the strings are translated. So, please, mail me your
individual propositions for changes directly, so that we can discuss
them and assure that the language used is consistent and correct in the
entire program userface.

Best regards,
Thomas Breinstrup

Re: Updated po files available for translation

Úr Balázs
> We will need translations by 28th June, if they are to make the 2.1.1
> release.

Hi,

Here are the updated translations for
- Audacity 2.1.0 (100% translated)
- Audacity 2.1.1 (100% translated)
- Audacity website (33% translated, existing translation reviewed)

Regards,
Balázs

audacity.hu-2.1.0.po (458K) Download Attachment
audacity.hu-2.1.1.po (464K) Download Attachment
audacity_website.hu.po (480K) Download Attachment

Re: Updated po files available for translation

James Crook
Thank you Balázs

I've updated the translation in GitHub so it will be part of 2.1.1 when
we release it.

--James.

On 21/06/2015 11:42, Úr Balázs wrote:

>> We will need translations by 28th June, if they are to make the 2.1.1
>> release.
> Hi,
>
> Here are the updated translations for
> - Audacity 2.1.0 (100% translated)
> - Audacity 2.1.1 (100% translated)
> - Audacity website (33% translated, existing translation reviewed)
>
> Regards,
> Balázs

Re: Updated po files available for translation

A reminder that we need translations by 28th June if they are to make it
into 2.1.1 release.

--James.

On 14/06/2015 23:42, James Crook wrote:

> I've updated the .po files (and added the audacity.pot file if you need
> it) here:
> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/tree/master/locale
>
> You can get the files by clicking on the filename and then clicking RAW.
>
> We will need translations by 28th June, if they are to make the 2.1.1
> release.
>
> Please do ask questions here about what the strings mean, where it is
> not clear how they should be translated.
> We are not translating the website.
>

> Thank you for your help by translating Audacity!
>
> --James
> (Audacity Release Manager for 2.1.1).

Re: Updated po files available for translation

Hi scootergrisen

On 27/06/2015 16:29, scootergrisen wrote:
> On http://web.audacityteam.org/community/translation the link Latest
> audacity.pot file (last updated 2015/04/21) says Project-Id-Version:
> audacity 2.0.6.
>
> Is that suppose to say 2.1.1?

That file is NOT up to date.  See the message below:

On 14/06/2015 23:42, James Crook wrote:

> I've updated the .po files (and added the audacity.pot file if you need
> it) here:
> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/tree/master/locale
>
> You can get the files by clicking on the filename and then clicking RAW.
>
> We will need translations by 28th June, if they are to make the 2.1.1
> release.
>
> Please do ask questions here about what the strings mean, where it is
> not clear how they should be translated.
> We are not translating the website.
>

> Thank you for your help by translating Audacity!
>
> --James
> (Audacity Release Manager for 2.1.1).

That file too says 2.0.6.  Apparently our build system changed at
2.0.6.  The 2.1.0 version had it wrong too.  The code that rebuilds the
pot file does not fill the information in properly.

The part that matters is the date.

"POT-Creation-Date: 2015-06-14 16:38+0100\n"

If you have that then you have the right pot file.

[I just corrected the version number in GitHub for clarity.  Having that
correct is not crucial to having a translation that works and is up to
date.  Translations that use the "POT-Creation-Date: 2015-06-14
16:38+0100\n" file with the wrong Project-Id-Version will work just fine.]

Re: Updated po files available for translation

scootergrisen
> That file is NOT up to date.  See the message below:

Ok maybe remove the link as to not confuse people or call it something
else then "Latest audacity.pot file".

Or maybe write something like "This POT file is for Audacity 2.1.1" or
something like that.

> "POT-Creation-Date: 2015-06-14 16:38+0100\n"

Lucky thats the one i used.

But it would be a bit sad to work from "Latest audacity.pot file" and
think you are finised, just to find out that you did not have the latest
version.