Quantcast

Updated pot and .po files ready for translation.

Updated pot and .po files ready for translation.

James Crook
Hi all,

Updated .pot file and .po files for upcoming 2.1.3 release now available
for translation.
Audacity is now in string freeze, which means we don't intend to be
adding more new strings to our source code until after we release 2.1.3,
so it shouldn't be a moving target now.

If there are problems with the .po files text and meaning, please
discuss on this list.  I may have made mistakes in regenerating them.
Also some of the strings may need more hints to indicate what they mean
to translators.  Please look particularly at the 'fuzzy' translations.

My apologies to Robert for not yet checking in his updated Catalan
translation and so basing ca.po on the old ca.po rather than his new one.

Plans for release are here:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Next_Release.

We would like to have updated translations by end of Monday 28th November.

--James

(Release Manager for Audacity 2.1.3)

Re: Updated pot and .po files ready for translation.

Yuri Chornoivan
неділя, 20-лис-2016 18:58:50 James Crook написано:

> Hi all,
>
> Updated .pot file and .po files for upcoming 2.1.3 release now available
> for translation.
> Audacity is now in string freeze, which means we don't intend to be
> adding more new strings to our source code until after we release 2.1.3,
> so it shouldn't be a moving target now.
>
> If there are problems with the .po files text and meaning, please
> discuss on this list.  I may have made mistakes in regenerating them.
> Also some of the strings may need more hints to indicate what they mean
> to translators.  Please look particularly at the 'fuzzy' translations.
>
> My apologies to Robert for not yet checking in his updated Catalan
> translation and so basing ca.po on the old ca.po rather than his new one.
>

> Plans for release are here:
> http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Next_Release.
>
> We would like to have updated translations by end of Monday 28th November.
>

> --James
>
> (Release Manager for Audacity 2.1.3)

Hi,

Thanks for the notice.

Two strings cannot be correctly translated in the current code because of c-
formatting:

src/effects/Distortion.cpp:101:
Hard clip -12dB, 80% make-up gain
src/effects/Distortion.cpp:102:
Soft clip -12dB, 80% make-up gain

Is it possible to prepend the corresponding lines in the code with

// xgettext: no-c-format

or something like this to allow for valid extraction, then regenerate pot/pos?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,
Yuri

On 11/20/2016 9:07 PM, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:

> неділя, 20-лис-2016 18:58:50 James Crook написано:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the notice.
>
> Two strings cannot be correctly translated in the current code because of c-
> formatting:
>
> src/effects/Distortion.cpp:101:
> Hard clip -12dB, 80% make-up gain
> src/effects/Distortion.cpp:102:
> Soft clip -12dB, 80% make-up gain
>
> Is it possible to prepend the corresponding lines in the code with
>
> // xgettext: no-c-format
>
> or something like this to allow for valid extraction, then regenerate pot/pos?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answer.
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri
Yes.  I'll have a look at fixing that tomorrow.

Re: Updated pot and .po files ready for translation.

Úr Balázs
> Updated .pot file and .po files for upcoming 2.1.3 release now available
> for translation.

Hi James,

here is the updated Hungarian translation:
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/pull/176

Regards,
Balázs

Re: Updated pot and .po files ready for translation.

James Crook
Thanks for the care and attention with which you translated this,
especially the 'fuzzy' strings.
Committed.

--James.