Updating procedures for other developers

Updating procedures for other developers

Paul Licameli
Steve suffered some confusions making a build on Mac that were my fault, because the proper procedure for making more modifications to wxWidgets changed last December but I wasn't aware of it.  Also mac/Build.txt is in a contradictory state as I explain below.

I only lately saw here,

https://github.com/audacity/wxWidgets/tree/audacity-fixes

that James made more changes to our modified wxWidgets source tree, mostly intended for Windows.

When I made my own changes last summer, I thought that updating the patch files in our own Audacity source tree, and mac/Build.txt to list the patch, was enough to do.  And I made another recent fix to our wxWidgets simply by changing one of those patch files.

But at commit 0d5cb77e3d08fc20dd2c81faa04325427e088b3e Build.txt was changed by James and no longer lists the patches.

Yet it still says this,
In the instructions below, Xcode 4.3.3 (for the 10.6 SDK) and Xcode 8.1 will

be used.  Fuller instructions that cover

   * Using other Xcodes

   * Optional signing of DMGs

   * Applying wxWidgets patches one by one

can be found on our wiki at http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Building_On_Mac

which I think is obsolete.

We should recommend the use of patch files, or of a certain source code tree at GitHib, but not both, and the patch files should be removed from our Audacity source tree.

Agreed?