Visual indication of focus in the dark and high contrast themes

Visual indication of focus in the dark and high contrast themes

David Bailes-3
Difficult to see for many of the controls in the main window.

David.

Re: Visual indication of focus in the dark and high contrast themes

Peter Sampson-2
On my W10 PC the track focus visual cue is clear to see in Hi Contrast
but harder to spot in the Dark theme.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On my W10 PC the track focus visual cue is clear to see in Hi Contrast
but harder to spot in the Dark theme.

How about the buttons in the toolbars?

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:19 PM, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On my W10 PC the track focus visual cue is clear to see in Hi Contrast
but harder to spot in the Dark theme.

How about the buttons in the toolbars?

They look fine to me David on both Dark and Hi Contrast on W10.

Peter.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:19 PM, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On my W10 PC the track focus visual cue is clear to see in Hi Contrast
but harder to spot in the Dark theme.

How about the buttons in the toolbars?

They look fine to me David on both Dark and Hi Contrast on W10.

The dotted rectangle which indicates if a button is the focus?

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:42 PM, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:19 PM, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On my W10 PC the track focus visual cue is clear to see in Hi Contrast
but harder to spot in the Dark theme.

How about the buttons in the toolbars?

They look fine to me David on both Dark and Hi Contrast on W10.

The dotted rectangle which indicates if a button is the focus?

See attached image: dark theme, play button is the focus.

David.

David.

Peter.

David.

play button.PNG (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Visual indication of focus in the dark and high contrast themes

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:42 PM, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:19 PM, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On my W10 PC the track focus visual cue is clear to see in Hi Contrast
but harder to spot in the Dark theme.

How about the buttons in the toolbars?

They look fine to me David on both Dark and Hi Contrast on W10.

The dotted rectangle which indicates if a button is the focus?

On Hi Contrast I geta bright blue circle for the smaller buttons
and a bright blue annulus for the larger buttons.

Wih Dark I get a somewhat hard to see gray rounder-corners square
around the Transport Toolbar large buttons.

The Small buttons get grayed when I hover over them, inaccessible butons
don't get the light gray when hovered over.

focused Play button.png (10K) Download Attachment

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Focused Play buuton in Dark on W10 looks like this attachment.

I understand the confusion. I mean the keyboard focus. If you navigate using ctrl+f6, tab, etc, how the focus is indicated. Rather than how the control changes when you hover the mouse pointer over it.

[...]

I never found the focus lightening in 2.1.3 abd earlier very norticeable either.
It's always been on the subtle side - same for 1.2.6.

But 0.98 was a bit dramatic in this respect.

Peter

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:56 PM, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Focused Play buuton in Dark on W10 looks like this attachment.

I understand the confusion. I mean the keyboard focus. If you navigate using ctrl+f6, tab, etc, how the focus is indicated. Rather than how the control changes when you hover the mouse pointer over it.

OIC starting in the Device Tollbar as my testbed - yes I see the little dotted rectangle in all themes as I
tab to the next control  - but when it tabs out of Device toolbar it becomes impossible to see in
Dark theme and  almost impossible to see in Hi Contrast theme.

So I agree with you.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:56 PM, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Focused Play buuton in Dark on W10 looks like this attachment.

I understand the confusion. I mean the keyboard focus. If you navigate using ctrl+f6, tab, etc, how the focus is indicated. Rather than how the control changes when you hover the mouse pointer over it.

OIC starting in the Device Tollbar as my testbed - yes I see the little dotted rectangle in all themes as I
tab to the next control  - but when it tabs out of Device toolbar it becomes impossible to see in
Dark theme and  almost impossible to see in Hi Contrast theme.

So I agree with you.

David,

James is collecting feedback about Hi Contrast on Q2A:
http://hub.audacityteam.org/index.php/25/how-can-hi-contrast-theme-be-improved

[...]

I added the problem to the Q2A entry:
http://hub.audacityteam.org/index.php/25/how-can-hi-contrast-theme-be-improved .

Gale

On 11 April 2017 at 16:42, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Peter Sampson
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 2:19 PM, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> How about the buttons in the toolbars?
>>

>> They look fine to me David on both Dark and Hi Contrast on W10.
>

> The dotted rectangle which indicates if a button is the focus?
>
> David.
>>

>> Peter.
>>

>>> David.

Re: Visual indication of focus in the dark and high contrast themes

Peter Sampson-2
Thanks Gale

Peter