Want to contribute on Audacity web design & Wordpress development

Want to contribute on Audacity web design & Wordpress development

Shinta Carolinasari
Hi all,

I'm a casual user of Audacity and this software helped me a lot when
developing multimedia project, I love it!

I noticed Audacity is using Wordpress and using built in standard theme,
Since I do web design+development and also have experience on Wordpress,
so wondering if I can contribute to Audacity website?

I've tried to draw a design concept.. You can check below:

Design 1: Light variant
http://www.playmain.com/files/audacity-design-light.jpg

Design 2: Dark variant
http://www.playmain.com/files/audacity-design-dark.jpg

Bonus: Raw sketch
http://www.playmain.com/files/sketch.jpg

So far it's homepage only, I haven't designed inner pages.. Would like
to hear from you in case you like it? Or have feedback or things need to
be improved?

Ideas:
-Keep elements on existing websites, but redesign it for more
polished/modern look.
-Keep using existing logo & use it as base of color theme.
-Big hero banner with screenshot. Supposed to show the screenshot to
attract especially new user.
-Prominent download button with clear indicator that this software is a
multi platform to drive more downloads.
-News area.
-Donate button and call for involvement.
-Show off the main features. Use shiny minimalist illustration icons.
-Responsive web design using mobile first approach + with recent web
standard.

How's your thought?

Thanks,
Bayu/Playmain

---

Re: Want to contribute on Audacity web design & Wordpress development

Am I addressing Shinta or Bayu?

Thanks for your interest in contributing to Audacity.
We are certainly interested in developing a more modern look for our
website, the first stage of which was migrating the site to WordPress.
Some of our team have had chance to look at your designs, and the
response has been positive and favourable.

At the moment we are working toward a new release of Audacity which
has some significant changes to the appearance, and have recently
updated our logo (as can be seen on our website). More information
about the new version of Audacity can be found in the alpha manual
alphamanual.audacityteam.org/

One of our team (probably myself) will email you within the next
couple of days so that we can discus your proposal further.

Thanks

Steve

On 24 July 2017 at 13:58, Shinta Carolinasari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a casual user of Audacity and this software helped me a lot when
> developing multimedia project, I love it!
>
> I noticed Audacity is using Wordpress and using built in standard theme,
> Since I do web design+development and also have experience on Wordpress, so
> wondering if I can contribute to Audacity website?
>
> I've tried to draw a design concept.. You can check below:
>
> Design 1: Light variant
> http://www.playmain.com/files/audacity-design-light.jpg
>
> Design 2: Dark variant
> http://www.playmain.com/files/audacity-design-dark.jpg
>
> Bonus: Raw sketch
> http://www.playmain.com/files/sketch.jpg
>
> So far it's homepage only, I haven't designed inner pages.. Would like to
> hear from you in case you like it? Or have feedback or things need to be
> improved?
>
> Ideas:
> -Keep elements on existing websites, but redesign it for more
> polished/modern look.
> -Keep using existing logo & use it as base of color theme.
> -Big hero banner with screenshot. Supposed to show the screenshot to attract
> especially new user.
> -Prominent download button with clear indicator that this software is a
> multi platform to drive more downloads.
> -News area.
> -Donate button and call for involvement.
> -Show off the main features. Use shiny minimalist illustration icons.
> -Responsive web design using mobile first approach + with recent web
> standard.
>
> How's your thought?
>

> Thanks,
> Bayu/Playmain
>
> ---

Re: Want to contribute on Audacity web design & Wordpress development

Shinta Carolinasari
Sorry for the confusion.. I'm Bayu. We are actually team of two, Bayu
(design) & Shinta (dev). So either are fine :-)

I just aware the new logo.. It's nice. Still iconic audacity logo but
more minimalist..

Thanks for positive response.. Let me know if you have updates.. We are
looking forward to contribute.. :-)

Thanks,

Bayu

---