Quantcast

Windows protects against jc5 Windows installer.

Windows protects against jc5 Windows installer.

When I try to run the jc5 installer on Windows 10 x64 from either File
Explorer or xplorer2,
SmartScreen questions it. See attached.

Doesn't happen with the 2.1.2 installer.

SmartScreen.png (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Windows protects against jc5 Windows installer.

Rename to "audacity-win-2.1.3.exe" does not help.

Gale

On 1 February 2017 at 03:33, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When I try to run the jc5 installer on Windows 10 x64 from either File
> Explorer or xplorer2,
> SmartScreen questions it. See attached.
>
> Doesn't happen with the 2.1.2 installer.

Re: Windows protects against jc5 Windows installer.

David Bailes-3
On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 3:33 AM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I try to run the jc5 installer on Windows 10 x64 from either File
Explorer or xplorer2,
SmartScreen questions it. See attached.

It seems slightly erratic in doing so, but SmartScreen often comes up if only a small number of people have run an installer. In other words, nothing to worry about,

David.

Doesn't happen with the 2.1.2 installer.

Re: Windows protects against jc5 Windows installer.

Peter Sampson-2
I get this many times with the various alphas that I've been
installing over the past year.

Peter

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 8:14 AM, David Bailes <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 3:33 AM, Gale Andrews <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I try to run the jc5 installer on Windows 10 x64 from either File
Explorer or xplorer2,
SmartScreen questions it. See attached.

It seems slightly erratic in doing so, but SmartScreen often comes up if only a small number of people have run an installer. In other words, nothing to worry about,

David.

Doesn't happen with the 2.1.2 installer.

Re: Windows protects against jc5 Windows installer.

Thanks David. Yes I know - SmartScreen flags items that are not
"commonly downloaded".yet.

Unlike Peter, I have never got that for alphas - I do sometimes download
them from my own site.

I was somewhat taken aback though - I mistakenly thought codesigning
would over-ride SmartScreen (as well as "Publisher could not be verified"
which I have not seen).

Gale