XLisp and Nyquist documentation

rbd

XLisp and Nyquist documentation

rbd
I wasn't even aware of the excellent documentation at
http://audacity.fuchsi.de/download/edgar/nyquist/nyquist-doc/xlisp/xlisp-ref
/index.html until I saw a recent post here. This is a great extension of
Betz's original precise but sparse Xlisp manual.

I'm hoping someone who maintains this site will read this and possibly
update it with a couple of corrections:

First, the string-search function is not in the Xlisp documentation -- this
is not included in the original Xlisp, but very useful. This is only found
in Nyquist, so the documentation should mention that.

Second, the do and do* forms are described as taking a single result
expression, but actually once the test is true, a list of result expressions
is evaluated.

-Roger

Re: XLisp and Nyquist documentation

edgar-rft
Hello Roger,

do not thank me, thank Tim I Mikkelsen, the original author and
Steven Jones, who had sent me the links.

Obviously I have copied some bugs from the manuals. I will correct
this as soon as possible. If you find more mistakes please tell me.

- [hidden email]

----
[hidden email] schrieb am 13.12.05 16:45:50:

> I wasn't even aware of the excellent documentation at
> http://audacity.fuchsi.de/download/edgar/nyquist/nyquist-doc/xlisp/xlisp-ref
> /index.html until I saw a recent post here. This is a great extension of
> Betz's original precise but sparse Xlisp manual.
>
> I'm hoping someone who maintains this site will read this and possibly
> update it with a couple of corrections:
>
> First, the string-search function is not in the Xlisp documentation -- this
> is not included in the original Xlisp, but very useful. This is only found
> in Nyquist, so the documentation should mention that.
>
> Second, the do and do* forms are described as taking a single result
> expression, but actually once the test is true, a list of result expressions
> is evaluated.
>
> -Roger

The author of this email does not necessarily endorse the
following advertisements, which are the sole responsibility
of the advertiser:

Re: XLisp and Nyquist documentation

David R. Sky
Hi Edgar,

I saw one error (which is also on the Audacity Nyquist intro page), the
definition of random is something like
(random n) generate random number between 1 and n; it's actually between 0
and n-1, isn't it?

David