audacity- editor and/or multitrack recorde

audacity- editor and/or multitrack recorde

Andrew Yip
hi Koala
sound on sound has a book called digital desktop recording and describes with a diagram a way to moniter using an external mixer to create zero latency setup.  Basically you need to moniter from the mixer before it goes into the computer, this requires taking a line out and listening to a track while recording.   there will be still be a latency on the recorded track but use the time shift tool to line it up.  I have found it useful to use a count in of say four beats from a drum machine and use that to line up the tracks zooming right into the peaks and valleys.

Andrew

Hello everyone,
I have posted this before but as no-one answered me I'll post it again.I =
have keyboards, guitars and drum machines and am trying to record full =
original songs. What happens is that on the fifth track, although i play =
perfectly in time my recorded material is recorded way out of time.I =
have a state of the art computer with xp and a Soundblaster Live 7.0 =
soundcard.
I have tried recorded a few tracks, exporting them as a wave, shutting =
down and rebooting, importing the wave and recording new tracks but to =
no avail.
Can Audacity do this or is it just an editor ?

leroy_the_koala

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01