Quantcast

can't close Audacity with keyboard

carrt7
(Audacity 2.1.2, iOS 10.12.4, MacbookPro)

When I finish using Audacity, I press CMD-W to close the window (or CMD-Q to quit the app).

Audacity asks "Save changes before closing".  By pressing TAB I can "select" Yes, No or Cancel - but to no avail!  When I press Enter, Audacity insists on saving the current work.

Can this be improved?

(Not wanting to save the work is quite common.  If one loads in a file, plays it, makes no alteration, and exits the app, there is no point in rewriting it to disk.)

​Thanks for previous help!   Tony​

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: can't close Audacity with keyboard

Dave-211
hi
when you load your mp3 and decide not to change it click the cross in the top right corner .
    THANKYOU DAVE-211

Re: can't close Audacity with keyboard

Dave-211
hi
When I finish using Audacity, I press ctrl-Q to quit the app and then right or left arrow to select NO and it is done .
    THANKYOU DAVE-211

On 21 April 2017 at 03:34, carrt7 . <[hidden email]> wrote:
> (Audacity 2.1.2, iOS 10.12.4, MacbookPro)

I think you mean macOS. iOS is for iPhone, iPad and iPod but
Audacity is not available for iOS.

> When I finish using Audacity, I press CMD-W to close the window (or CMD-Q to
> quit the app).
>
> Audacity asks "Save changes before closing".  By pressing TAB I can "select"
> Yes, No or Cancel - but to no avail!  When I press Enter, Audacity insists
> on saving the current work.

Yes is the default button, so ENTER will always activate that default,
irrespective of what other buttons you tabbed to.

Either click "No" with the mouse, or TAB to "No" and press SPACE.

Gale

> Can this be improved?
>
> (Not wanting to save the work is quite common.  If one loads in a file,
> plays it, makes no alteration, and exits the app, there is no point in
> rewriting it to disk.)
>
> Thanks for previous help!   Tony
>
> --
> www.godornot.org

> *********** ASKING FOR HELP *************
>
> When asking for help on this list, please include the following information,
> so we can
> help you properly:
>
> * What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X
> 10.5.1)
>
> * Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help >
> About
>    Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)
>
> * If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and
> how is it
>    connected to the computer?
>
> Mailing list: [hidden email]
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, use the form at the bottom of this web page:

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: can't close Audacity with keyboard

carrt7
Press SPACE!  Perfect.  Thanks.