creating tracks

audacity-users mailing list

This is not a recording problem I am not understanding how to use Audacity. My operating system is Windows 10 and I have Audacity 2.0

I can get it to recording I just want to know how to edit what I have recorded.
So, is there somebody who can help me use Audacity 2.0

Thank you.

The Creator is hidden within the creation that was created. Shemuel

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: creating tracks

Bob Long
M A via Audacity-users wrote on 21/06/17 11:05:

This is not a recording problem I am not understanding how to use Audacity. My operating system is Windows 10 and I have Audacity 2.0

I can get it to recording I just want to know how to edit what I have recorded.
So, is there somebody who can help me use Audacity 2.0

Have you seen the documentation and tutorials at:

http://www.audacityteam.org/help/documentation/

By the way, you say you have Audacity 2.0. The latest version for Windows is 2.1.3.

From where did you get your version? The official site is:

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

--
Bob Long

[...]

Lin Sprague
On 6/20/2017 9:05 PM, M A via Audacity-users wrote:
> This is not a recording problem I am not understanding how to use
> Audacity. My operating system is Windows 10 and I have Audacity 2.0
>
> I can get it to recording I just want to know how to edit what I have
> recorded. So, is there somebody who can help me use Audacity 2.0

Your question is so vague as to be unanswerable. "Edit" could mean just
about anything. Probably your best start would be to check out some of
the many tutorials that are available. Googling "audacity tutorial" gets
a lot of hits. Maybe this one will get you started:

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_editing_an_existing_file.html

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: creating tracks

Federico Miyara

Mark,

See, specifically,

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/splitting_a_recording_into_separate_tracks.html

and

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/burning_music_files_to_a_cd.html

Regards,

Federico

On 20/06/2017 22:47, Bob Long wrote:
M A via Audacity-users wrote on 21/06/17 11:05:

This is not a recording problem I am not understanding how to use Audacity. My operating system is Windows 10 and I have Audacity 2.0

I can get it to recording I just want to know how to edit what I have recorded.
So, is there somebody who can help me use Audacity 2.0

Have you seen the documentation and tutorials at:

http://www.audacityteam.org/help/documentation/

By the way, you say you have Audacity 2.0. The latest version for Windows is 2.1.3.

From where did you get your version? The official site is:

[...]

carrt7
Federico, Audacity is a visual editor.  When you have the music track displayed on your screen, "select" it  by clicking at the left end, so it goes darker blue.  Then click "effects".  Choose one and apply it.  Now press space bar to play the track, and it will sound different.

Let us know if this works for you.  Tony

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 12:31 AM Federico Miyara <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 20/06/2017 22:47, Bob Long wrote:
M A via Audacity-users wrote on 21/06/17 11:05:

This is not a recording problem I am not understanding how to use Audacity. My operating system is Windows 10 and I have Audacity 2.0

I can get it to recording I just want to know how to edit what I have recorded.
So, is there somebody who can help me use Audacity 2.0

Have you seen the documentation and tutorials at:

http://www.audacityteam.org/help/documentation/

By the way, you say you have Audacity 2.0. The latest version for Windows is 2.1.3.

From where did you get your version? The official site is:

engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

On 6/21/2017 7:10 PM, M A wrote:
> I have recorded an album with seven song, but I recorded it all at
> once so it appears as one songs. I want to know how to cut it up into
> the seven songs of the album when I edit my recording.

I'm copying this to the Audacity list, since this is where the
discussion started.

Here's a tutorial explaining how to do precisely that!

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/splitting_a_recording_into_separate_tracks.html

You would be well of to at least scan through all the available
tutorials so you will know what to refer to when you need to use a
particular feature.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/

Please reply to the list, not to me personally.