Quantcast

distorted recordings

shinnen
Hi,
    I've been trying to record my voice, but the recording is very low, and distored. I've been using a headset/microphone combination (Emkay CE, if that means anything). I'm wondering if I need to boost the signal, or maybe get a better microphone. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Re: distorted recordings

Linda Statam
Recently downloaded audacity onto a new computer (have been successfully using on another computer).  Audio is coming in with "background" noise, like the sound of a recording machine... Very frustrated.  Tried to reload twice, plus bought new headphones...no luck with either...

Re: distorted recordings

See our Recording Tips:
http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Recording_Tips

Please use our main Forum if you need more help:
http://audacityteam.org/forum/