jc11, then hopefully RC1.

James Crook
Gale,

I would like to build a signed jc11 dmg, that will if all goes well
become RC1.

My current understanding is that we don't want Portable Settings sub
directory predefined in it.
I don't plan on building a zip for mac.
I don't plan on building a debug build for mac.

For windows I would build both a signed installer, and a signed exe that
goes into a zip.

I want to check whether these choices sound right to you - particularly
not using Portable Settings by default.

Re: jc11, then hopefully RC1.

On 29 January 2017 at 14:44, James Crook <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Gale,
>
> I would like to build a signed jc11 dmg, that will if all goes well
> become RC1.
>
> My current understanding is that we don't want Portable Settings sub
> directory predefined in it.

Correct. We (think) we've solved (most of) bug 1567 in other ways,
and without further code changes, a predefined Portable Settings
folder will cause users to lose their old settings.

> I don't plan on building a zip for mac.

I have no objections, but if there are complaints we may have to
consider reinstating the ZIP for 2.1.4 and consider how it is signed.

> I don't plan on building a debug build for mac.

Correct. It isn't a reliable panacea for 1567.

> For windows I would build both a signed installer, and a signed exe that
> goes into a zip.

OK. Will the signing use the same procedure as was done for the jc5
Windows installer?

Gale

On 1/29/2017 6:16 PM, Gale Andrews wrote:

>> For windows I would build both a signed installer, and a signed exe that
>> goes into a zip.
> OK. Will the signing use the same procedure as was done for the jc5
> Windows installer?
The installer signing will (likely) be the same.

I might add timestamp information, which means the installer does not
need to be resigned when my cert expires.  I am probably not going to
though, as my cert lasts for a year, and 2.1.3 will be obsolete when
2.1.4 comes out, which will be sooner, and it may be good to discourage
people from installing 2.1.3 rather than 2.1.4.

I don't know what the situation is with the zip.
I'll sign the exe, probably dlls, and then zip it.
I don't think one signs the zip as a whole, as unpacking a zip is not
checked by windows.