jc12 and Ghosts

James Crook
Thanks to Bill for some detailed testing of Ghosts on Mac.

> 2) “Ghost” (non-existent effects) are removed as appropriate.
> 3) Ghost effects are removed as appropriate
> Subsequent launches of 2.1.3 (after the first launch with the “verifying” dialog) are very fast - about a second.
>
> Conclusion:
> This is good to go for RC1.

Re: jc12 and Ghosts

Bill Wharrie
Just for clarity, the numbers James quotes are for the following conditions:

1) User installs and runs 2.1.3 without first deleting the 2.1.2 folder
2) User later deletes the 2.1.2 folder
3) User deletes the 2.1.2 folder then installs 2.1.3

I also noted what I see as a beneficial side effect of checking the validity of plug-ins on launch, which is that the pluginsregistry.cfg file is created on first launch of Audacity, which in 2.1.2 does not occur until the first use of the Plug-ins Manager.

— Bill