laptop need??

zaibi1230
I don't need a fancy laptop, just one that will help me through college. I know that it has to have a lot of ram and that it should have a pretty big hard drive. However, I am not good at searching for these type of stuff so could you guys recommend some laptops? Most of the time, I just need it for research papers or presentations, but I do everything that an average person would do--surf the internet, check mail...etc. I just need a laptop that can suffice through school. If there are any other gadgets or advice that you have for a laptop, please chip in! I prefer a laptop that is easy on the wallet but is still good, preferably at $300.00. Thank you!
Computer Section