my farewell message:

zahra a
hello every one.
i used audacity for three years.
i subscribed to this group to help others and get help from them.
but unfortunately this program is very professional and complex and i
could not learn very much from it to help others!
i found a simple solution for basic editing audio files which i needed
and for complexity of audacity and also the reason that this program
crashes frequently in my computer windows xp, both ram and cpu 2gb,i
decided to not use it anymore and wanted to unsubscribed from the
group.
audacity crashes for me and i even cant recover my work or save my
previous editing.
if someone knows the solution please tell me why i face frequent
crashes and also pardon me because my help was very very little and i
did not have knowledge of this program to help others and participate
in this group regularly.
God bless you and divine infinite mercy and blessings i pray for you,
all developers and programmers, supporters and users of audacity.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: my farewell message:

zahra a
please for my answer, send your reply to my email address directly.
you can be in contact with me only via my email address,
both programmers and developers of audacity.
by the way, does audacity require a very powerful system?
because of lots of crashes which i face, i ask this.

On 7/6/17, zahra a <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello every one.
> i used audacity for three years.
> i subscribed to this group to help others and get help from them.
> but unfortunately this program is very professional and complex and i
> could not learn very much from it to help others!
> i found a simple solution for basic editing audio files which i needed
> and for complexity of audacity and also the reason that this program
> crashes frequently in my computer windows xp, both ram and cpu 2gb,i
> decided to not use it anymore and wanted to unsubscribed from the
> group.
> audacity crashes for me and i even cant recover my work or save my
> previous editing.
> if someone knows the solution please tell me why i face frequent
> crashes and also pardon me because my help was very very little and i
> did not have knowledge of this program to help others and participate
> in this group regularly.
> God bless you and divine infinite mercy and blessings i pray for you,
> all developers and programmers, supporters and users of audacity.

> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration is:
> al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: my farewell message:

stan-7
On Thu, 6 Jul 2017 11:52:30 +0430
zahra a <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i found a simple solution for basic editing audio files which i needed
> and for complexity of audacity and also the reason that this program
> crashes frequently in my computer windows xp, both ram and cpu 2gb,i
> decided to not use it anymore and wanted to unsubscribed from the
> group.
> audacity crashes for me and i even cant recover my work or save my
> previous editing.
> if someone knows the solution please tell me why i face frequent
> crashes

Crash is too vague to provide any help.  You will need to be more
specific.  Describe in detail what you tried to do and what happened
the last time audacity crashed.  Were there messages about errors?

You're running XP.  That is obsolete, and if you are running the latest
versions of audacity it might be conflicted on the XP libraries
because they are too old. Perhaps you should try an older version of
audacity. From the description you gave, audacity should run fine on
your hardware. When I had that level of hardware, it ran fine for me.

XP is basically completely unsecure.  If you are on the web for an
hour, it will have been attacked and compromised.  So, you are probably
a member of a botnet, and your computer is used for spam mail and
denial of service attacks.  The entity that controls your computer
might have installed software that has damaged it, and this could
be causing problems for audacity.

It sounds like you aren't a technically knowledgeable person, so it is
probably not feasible, but you could install a version of linux for
free, and it would not have the security problems of XP, and it would
run audacity well.  You could always run your XP version in a virtual
machine, which would isolate it from everything else, and be completely
refreshed every time you restarted it.

There is a line at the bottom of every list message giving a web
address where you can unsubscribe.

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: my farewell message:

Lin Sprague
On 7/6/2017 4:51 PM, stan wrote:
> Crash is too vague to provide any help.  You will need to be more
> specific.  Describe in detail what you tried to do and what happened
> the last time audacity crashed.  Were there messages about errors?

True. The question was poorly worded and unanswerable as asked. More
information is needed.

> You're running XP.  That is obsolete, and if you are running the latest
> versions of audacity it might be conflicted on the XP libraries
> because they are too old. Perhaps you should try an older version of
> audacity. From the description you gave, audacity should run fine on
> your hardware. When I had that level of hardware, it ran fine for me.

My main computer still runs XP. The current Audacity works perfectly
well on it for me.

> XP is basically completely unsecure.  If you are on the web for an
> hour, it will have been attacked and compromised.

Not so. My NAT firewall, anti-virus, safe Internet habits, and common
sense continues to keep me protected as it has for decades. It may not
be the best choice these days, especially for someone not technical, but
that's no reason to spread FUD.

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: my farewell message:

stan-7
On Thu, 6 Jul 2017 17:07:49 -0400
Lin Sprague <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not so. My NAT firewall, anti-virus, safe Internet habits, and common
> sense continues to keep me protected as it has for decades. It may
> not be the best choice these days, especially for someone not
> technical, but that's no reason to spread FUD.

And how likely is it that the OP is using those same measures?  If the
OP was capable of doing what you do, they would not be asking for help
with audacity, in all likelihood.

I consider you an exception, and would still say that XP is insecure.
Years ago, I used to get hits every 5 minutes on known XP exploits.  And
now that it has had no security updates for several years, there will
be known exploits without any protection.  Sure, if you put a hardware
firewall as you have, that minimizes exposure, but, again, most people
don't.  Are companies still updating their anti-virus products for XP?

It is probably possible to run dos 6.2 or windows 3.1 securely on the
web, but the average person isn't going to be able to do that.

The wannacry attack that happened recently was principally carried by
windows 7 machines that hadn't been patched for known security exploits
that Microsoft had issued security patches for.  But, there were a
significant number of XP machines used as well.

For you, calling XP insecure is FUD.  For the average naive windows
user, I don't think so.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

On 7/6/2017 5:41 PM, stan wrote:

> Sure, if you put a hardware firewall as you have, that minimizes
> exposure, but, again, most people don't.

I believe that nearly all commercial home routers and gateways,
especially those provided by major ISPs have firewalls built in.

> Are companies still updating their anti-virus products for XP?

Yes, they are. Avast is the one I use. AVG and Norton do. McAfee and
Avira don't.

> For you, calling XP insecure is FUD. For the average naive windows
> user, I don't think so.

You specifically said, "XP is basically completely unsecure. If you are
on the web for an hour, it will have been attacked and compromised."
That is simply not true. Telling untruths in order to scare someone into
changing their habits is the very definition of FUD.

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: my farewell message:

audacity-users mailing list
I"m using a Mac..never had a problem.

On Thursday, July 6, 2017 3:37 PM, Lin Sprague <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 7/6/2017 5:41 PM, stan wrote:

> Sure, if you put a hardware firewall as you have, that minimizes
> exposure, but, again, most people don't.

I believe that nearly all commercial home routers and gateways,
especially those provided by major ISPs have firewalls built in.

> Are companies still updating their anti-virus products for XP?

Yes, they are. Avast is the one I use. AVG and Norton do. McAfee and
Avira don't.

> For you, calling XP insecure is FUD. For the average naive windows
> user, I don't think so.

You specifically said, "XP is basically completely unsecure. If you are
on the web for an hour, it will have been attacked and compromised."
That is simply not true. Telling untruths in order to scare someone into
changing their habits is the very definition of FUD.

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
  Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
  connected to the computer?

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: my farewell message:

zahra a
hello.
i completely disagree that xp users cant use internet even one hour securely.
i also dont trust antivirus programs and cant use them.
if i knew programming, i have a revolution for security.
its freedom of choice for everyone to select his-her operating system
without forcing.
i have an idea thats a revolution for security of computers in the
world and prevent hacking and committing cyber crimes by remote
control of other systems.
i want to start learning programming.
i want to help people live in the word with most security and without
worried that hackers access there system remotely without there
permission!
i believe that its incontestable right of any people that selects
his-her operating system by free will and without afraid of hackers!
i need to learn c language and also material and spiritual support to
make my invention reality!
i have idea and i am sure about its truth, that protects both home
user's and websites from accessing remotely without permission and
also replacing datas of websites with harmful and dangerus content.
after my idea becomes reality, only trustworthy people can write datas
or make changes in the websites and also only our friends and
trustworthy people whome we know, can access our system remotely!
by divine grace and support, i want to make it universal invention
that benefit all people around the world now and in the future and
brings tranquility and reliable security for them.

i faced one ransomware, but i am sure that it was not because of my
operating system, it was because of one religion content that i copied
in one website.
someone did not believe and could not stand it.
sent ransomware for me!
i also tested many versions of audacity, even previous versions i had crash!
i am not knowledgable about audio task and so, dont use complex
features of audacity.
i only use audacity for recording new file or deleting some
unnecessary or problematic parts of files.

On 7/7/17, jerry sullivan via Audacity-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I"m using a Mac..never had a problem.
>
>     On Thursday, July 6, 2017 3:37 PM, Lin Sprague <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>  On 7/6/2017 5:41 PM, stan wrote:
>
>> Sure, if you put a hardware firewall as you have, that minimizes
>> exposure, but, again, most people don't.
>
> I believe that nearly all commercial home routers and gateways,
> especially those provided by major ISPs have firewalls built in.
>
>> Are companies still updating their anti-virus products for XP?
>
> Yes, they are. Avast is the one I use. AVG and Norton do. McAfee and
> Avira don't.
>
>> For you, calling XP insecure is FUD. For the average naive windows
>> user, I don't think so.
>
> You specifically said, "XP is basically completely unsecure. If you are
> on the web for an hour, it will have been attacked and compromised."
> That is simply not true. Telling untruths in order to scare someone into
> changing their habits is the very definition of FUD.

> *********** ASKING FOR HELP *************
>
> When asking for help on this list, please include the following information,
> so we can
> help you properly:
>
> * What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X
> 10.5.1)
>
> * Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help >
> About
>   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)
>
> * If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and
> how is it
>   connected to the computer?
>
> Mailing list: [hidden email]
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, use the form at the bottom of this web page:

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: my farewell message:

Clyde Lyman
Go to any search engine or YouTube video and look up the status of XP. and take a third of the business world with you, XP has been out of support for a year or more, the only security update was against the recent WannaCry ransomeware attack. If you have some revolutionary security innovation for XP, you can make a mint and if you are not using an antivirus your system is more infected than a 1300's city in Europe. I use the premium version of MalwareBytes, which Microsoft recommends  for the Surface Pro 4. Even if you do not use a premium version, at least use a free version to keep your system clean. otherwise you may have to be dropped from any lists as you might pose a security hazard to other members. If you doubt me, and I hope you do. Find someone you trust with some real knowledge and ask him or her

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I"m using a Mac..never had a problem.
>
>    On Thursday, July 6, 2017 3:37 PM, Lin Sprague <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>  On 7/6/2017 5:41 PM, stan wrote:
>
>> Sure, if you put a hardware firewall as you have, that minimizes
>> exposure, but, again, most people don't.
>
> I believe that nearly all commercial home routers and gateways,
> especially those provided by major ISPs have firewalls built in.
>
>> Are companies still updating their anti-virus products for XP?
>
> Yes, they are. Avast is the one I use. AVG and Norton do. McAfee and
> Avira don't.
>
>> For you, calling XP insecure is FUD. For the average naive windows
>> user, I don't think so.
>
> You specifically said, "XP is basically completely unsecure. If you are
> on the web for an hour, it will have been attacked and compromised."
> That is simply not true. Telling untruths in order to scare someone into
> changing their habits is the very definition of FUD.

> *********** ASKING FOR HELP *************
>
> When asking for help on this list, please include the following information,
> so we can
> help you properly:
>
> * What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X
> 10.5.1)
>
> * Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help >
> About
>   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)
>
> * If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and
> how is it
>   connected to the computer?
>
> Mailing list: [hidden email]
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, use the form at the bottom of this web page:

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
  Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
  connected to the computer?

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: my farewell message:

zahra a
i have revolutionary idea for security of all users in the world.
no matter which operating system or which version they want to use.
every person have freedom of choice and noone cant and should not
prevent others from there legitimate right of choice.

On 7 July 2017 at 09:28, zahra a <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hello.
> i completely disagree that xp users cant use internet even one hour securely.
> i also dont trust antivirus programs and cant use them.

That is why you can't use Audacity and should not use XP.

Gale Andrews

> [...]
>
> * Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
>    Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)
>
> * If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
>    connected to the computer?
>
> Mailing list: [hidden email]
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, use the form at the bottom of this web page:

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it

What are the chances that this behaviour, which is beyond reckless, could lead to an infection of this list?. I'm using Win7; it's an old desktop from  2012 and, kpet up to date, and MalwareBytes Premium, Plus I have the Free Avast, and FireFox up to dayte, Also my Email is Verizon Webmail (which I may abandon for Mozilla Thunderbird because the Verizon sub-account system is unstable and I keep losing access to two of the sub-accounts since Verizon was tied to Yahoo) Webmail accounts are by nature secure since they do not connect directly to the machine; the browser is the "middle man" between them

On 7/10/2017 2:36 AM, Clyde Lyman wrote:
> What are the chances that this behaviour, which is beyond reckless,
> could lead to an infection of this list?.

The chance closely approaches zero. As far as I know, this list server
does not transmit binary attachments, so you can't receive any of that
kind of malware. The only danger would be if someone included in their
message a URL to a malicious web site. You are in exactly the same
amount of danger receiving an email from anybody else in the world,
including your friends and family, as you are from this list.

>  Webmail accounts are by
> nature secure since they do not connect directly to the machine; the
> browser is the "middle man" between them

You put far too much faith in webmail. I consider them to be generally
less secure than a local mail agent. I've found several web mail
services that had the display of in-line images turned on by default - a
security no-no. And web mail accounts are notorious for getting hacked -
I often get spam and malware-loaded emails that have obviously come from
friends whose Yahoo and other web mail accounts have been raided for
their contacts list.

[...]

Thanks for wising me up. Although about 5 years ago, my tech recommneded webmail and a good browser security, which was FireFox