new member

Kimsan

Hi,

I am new here and since I selected audacity for my program of choice, I thought I would join this list.

When I ssay new, I am straight out the gate new when it pertains to audio recording and editing, so please bare with me while I ask questions that might irritate or test patience.  I’m studying as I go btw, so not to confuse I’m here to get training.

What can people tell me about what I should have for starters pertaining to plug ins for audacity, and my other question is why when I export to mp3, the entire song doesn’t play when I play the mp3 file?

I imported a song, then I did left and right bracket to mark what I wanted to delete, I exported the audio to save on my computer, but when I play it back, the entire song doesn’t play, just about 30 to 45 seconds. Is this common when exporting as mp3?

Thank you and I look forward to learning lots.it

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?