no Project tempo setting

Zen Amen
maybe i have overlooked something but it seems that
there is no menu for setting tempo of a project.

(and "change tempo" as an "effect" does not count)

Is this correct?
if so,
whats up with that???

how much thought went into this program before getting
it to market?

please correct me if i am way wrong here

Z.

Be happy

Zen

Re: no Project tempo setting

audacity-help mailing list

    | From Zen Amen
    | Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:26:35 -0700 (PDT)
    | Subject: [Audacity-help] no Project tempo setting
    | maybe i have overlooked something but it seems that
    | there is no menu for setting tempo of a project.

Audacity does not yet support beat detection so setting the tempo of a
Project does not have much meaning. If you are recording, you can lay
down a metronome track at a tempo of your choosing with Generate >
Click Track.

    | (and "change tempo" as an "effect" does not count)

Do you mean it does not work because the Effect menu is greyed out? If so,
see this FAQ:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=editing&i=menu-disabled

Effect > Change Tempo slows down or speeds up the tempo of the selected
audio or tracks by a given percentage (without affecting pitch). Again, it does
not offer beat detection, but if you know the BPM that the track currently has
and the BPM you desire, you can enter those values in the BPM boxes and
Audacity will calculate the percentage change to be applied.

Gale Andrews

Outbound message virus free.
Tested on: 8/25/2007 1:21:04 AM

Re: no Project tempo setting

docktergonzo
Wow, that is one catastrophic over site!! I just downloaded Audacity to edit a loop. First thing I did was try to change the project tempo, spent a good half hour looking for the setting. Pretty much renders this program useless. Can't expect much if its free I guess...