playing g.723 encoded file with audacity

playing g.723 encoded file with audacity

sting sting
Hello,
I have audacity  (audacity-1.2.3-0) on Linux.

I tried to play a g.723 encoded file with it by
Project->Import Raw Data and selecting the file name.
Then I tried to change in the first upper combbox the type of encoding to
24kbs G723 ADPCM (this is the only 723 option I have).
What happened is that the "import" button became disabled.

Why ?
Is there a way to play a  g.723 encoded file with audacity?
Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Sting