question from a new member

masturoflove
Hello group, my name is Isaih, and I just recently discovered the Audacity recording program.  To that end, I was wondering if any of you could tell me if there is a way to record and save mp3 files?  Also, how do you append to something that you've already recorded?  And is there a way to save what you've recorded as different file types?  I noticed that when I was done recording what it was that I wanted to save, I was only prompted to save the file as one of two file types.  This whole concept is rather new to me, and so until I familiarize myself with how to use the program, my questions may seem a little elementary.  Thanks for any input and or suggestions you care to offer.  By the way, I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but I'm using JFW for my screen-reader.  Just thought I'd include that information just in case there are some specific keyboard commands that would facilitate ease of use.

Re: question from a new member

Christian Brochec
Sorry, too much questions. The best is to read first the online help
(Help>Online help) and the manual that is on this link :
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/audacity-manual-1.2.zip

If (that's what I understand) you are blind or impaired, some members of
this list could help you.
here is a link :
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=general&i=blind-users

About the saving format, all editors are based on the same concept. On
one hand you have datas, OTOH you've the organisation of the datas.
That's why you have to save the project (organisation) and EXPORT datas
in an universal format like wave or MP3.

After discovering Audacity, you may come back with questions.

Christian BROCHEC

---- Messages d´origine ----
De: masturoflove <[hidden email]>
Date: Samedi, Août 6, 2005 11:59 pm
Objet: [Audacity-users] question from a new member

> Hello group, my name is Isaih, and I just recently discovered the
> Audacity recording program.  To that end, I was wondering if any
> of you could tell me if there is a way to record and save mp3
> files?  Also, how do you append to something that you've already
> recorded?  And is there a way to save what you've recorded as
> different file types?  I noticed that when I was done recording
> what it was that I wanted to save, I was only prompted to save the
> file as one of two file types.  This whole concept is rather new
> to me, and so until I familiarize myself with how to use the
> program, my questions may seem a little elementary.  Thanks for
> any input and or suggestions you care to offer.  By the way, I
> don't know if this makes any difference or not, but I'm using JFW
> for my screen-reader.  Just thought I'd include that information
> just in case there are some specific keyboard commands that would
> facilitate ease of use.

cbrochec.vcf (453 bytes) Download Attachment

Can you scroll screen without using a mouse?

I do find it wearing after a while to scroll up and down by having to
hit the scrollbar with the mouse.  I was wondering how the VI users
scroll up and down - page up and page down do not seem to have any
effect and I cannot see any keyboard commands for it in preferences? I
know you can contract the height of the waveforms of each track but I do
not find that ideal. Many thanks

Outbound message clean.
Tested on: 07/08/2005 12:47:10