"Plot Spectrum" Analyze Plugin

Mark Lorenz
What I'd Like to Do:
I'd like to modify x-axis range of the plot produced by the "Plot Spectrum" Analysis plug-in.  I only want to see frequencies < 500Hz.

Why I Want To:
The analysis I'm doing only requires me to look at lower frequencies, so visually it would help me to only see the lower frequencies.  I know this won't change the actual resolution of the FFT, it's only for display purposes.

What I Already Tried:
According to the audacity wiki, most of the plugins are implemented in nyquist.  Unfortunatly, "Plot Spectrum" doesn't appear to be one of them, it's not in the `plug-ins` folder.

I also reviewed the Audiacity source files.  It looks like the code that produces the plot is contained in FreqWindow.cpp.

So Finally:
Do I understand the code correctly, in order to change the plotted frequency range I would need to modify `FreqWindow.cpp` around line 545 and compile Audacity from my forked source?

Maybe this belongs in audacity-devel?

Re: "Plot Spectrum" Analyze Plugin

In the Generate, Effect and Analyze menus, items above the divider are built-in,
and items below the divider are plug-ins.

So yes you will have to compile Audacity to change Plot Spectrum. See:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Developer_Guide .

Gale