record/append record or "whatever it's called" woes

record/append record or "whatever it's called" woes

David Bailes-3
If you swap the shortcuts for record in new track and append record back to their old values, and then try and use 2.1.3, R for record no longer works.

In audacity.cfg, the identify "record" is used in two different senses by 2.2.0 and 2.1.3.

One solution is to keep the identifiers used for record in new track and append record in 2.1.3 and their meanings. This would allow people to swap in 2.2.0 and go back to previous versions. It would also honour any customized keystrokes that a user had made in 2.1.3.

An alternative would be to use different identifiers for both commands. This has the disadvantage that any customizations wouldn't be carried over from 2.1.3 to 2.2.0.

Incidentally, in keyboard preferences the command record is used in 2.1.3 and 2.2.0 with two different meanings.

(Still not convinced that swapping the keystrokes is a good idea.)

David.

Classic theme

Cliff Scott
Just built 2.2.0 this morning on Mac 10.12.4. Noticed a couple of things that IMO need fixing.

1. Audacity comes up with Classic scheme, but the meters don't work. Close down and restart Audacity and they work.

2. Background color for Classic is not the same as 2.1.3 and for me is way too bright.

3. The size of the Device Toolbar and meters are forgotten when changing themes.

Cliff

Re: Classic theme

Peter Sampson-2
Hi Cliff,

we caught and reported on 1 and 2 yesterday (so James knows about those)

3 is a good catch and applies to the sizing of the Device Toolbar too.

Re: Classic theme

Cliff Scott

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 9:39 AM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Cliff,
>
> we caught and reported on 1 and 2 yesterday (so James knows about those)
>
> 3 is a good catch and applies to the sizing of the Device Toolbar too.
>
> Peter

I think I mentioned the Device Toolbar also.

I've been rather busy lately so haven't done much testing on 2.2.0, but hope to do more soon. Sounds already as if lots of good things will be done for this release.

Cliff

Re: Classic theme

Peter Sampson-2

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Cliff Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 9:39 AM, Peter Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Cliff,
>
> we caught and reported on 1 and 2 yesterday (so James knows about those)
>
> 3 is a good catch and applies to the sizing of the Device Toolbar too.
>
> Peter

I think I mentioned the Device Toolbar also.

OOPs, yes - so you did ...

Peter.