recording problem

marlenechatel

hello,

I  have just dowload audacity 1.2.6 and I use windows vista.

When I want to record a sound i listen on the web, audacity record just the microphone' sound and nothing else so the sound isn't good. I didn't find how to record without microphone and no when i speak.

I search in the speakers's properties . I haven't any availaibles peripherals whitout the microphone its the alone possibility to record.

Thanks for your warning and i hope an anwser of your part

Marlène

Re: recording problem

Richard Ash (audacity-help)
On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 15:14 +0200, marlenechatel wrote:
> I  have just dowload audacity 1.2.6 and I use windows vista.
Please see our help page for Vista:
  http://www.audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Windows_Vista_OS

> When I want to record a sound i listen on the web, audacity record
> just the microphone' sound and nothing else so the sound isn't good. I
> didn't find how to record without microphone and no when i speak.
You need to change the input source to stereo mix as described in the
FAQ:
  http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=recording&i=streaming

If you do not have a suitable option to record sound from the computer,
you may need to update your sound card drivers:

http://www.audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Updating_Sound_Device_Drivers

Richard Ash

Re: recording problem

marlenechatel

Thanks for your rapidity to answer and for the explications.

 I have succed in doing record just the sound of the speakers.

Marlène CHATEL

Re: recording problem

dominic curry
im on audacity 12.6 and im trying to record through my speakers ive tried everything and it just wont work

Re: recording problem

Did you see "This list is no longer active"?

1.2.6 is obsolete. Upgrade to 2.0.2 then read this:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/tutorial_recording_audio_playing_on_the_computer.html .

If you have questions:
http://forum.audacityteam.org/ .

Gale