subtraction - Audacity

katherat
How do I add/subtract wav files?

Likewise, how do I add/subtract L/R channels within a
wav file?

Re: subtraction - Audacity

Vaughan Johnson
Administrator
"Add" is the same as "mix". "Subtract" is Invert and mix. See
"http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=editing&i=remove-vocals".

Tom Boni wrote:

>How do I add/subtract wav files?
>
>Likewise, how do I add/subtract L/R channels within a
>wav file?

How To Make A Stereo Track

Rich-2
I know I should know how to do this by now, but I have two mono tracks that
I wish to combine into one stereo track.  I couldn't figure out how to do
it.  I've Read The FM.  Anyone know off the top of their head?  Many thanks.

Rich

Re: How To Make A Stereo Track

Christian Brochec
Just click on the title bar of the track, and, in the pop down menu,
select "make stereo" (or something like that, I've translated Audacity
in french but I can't remember all the original words)

Christian BROCHEC

---- Messages d´origine ----
De: "Rich" <[hidden email]>
Date: Mercredi, Juillet 13, 2005 9:05 pm
Objet: [Audacity-users] How To Make A Stereo Track

> I know I should know how to do this by now, but I have two mono
> tracks that
> I wish to combine into one stereo track.  I couldn't figure out
> how to do
> it.  I've Read The FM.  Anyone know off the top of their head?
> Many thanks.
>
> Rich

cbrochec.vcf (453 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: How To Make A Stereo Track

John Huber
pull-down menu within the Audacity window, top/left corner next to
project name........."make stereo track"

JGH

On Wednesday, July 13, 2005, at 03:05 PM, Rich wrote:

> I know I should know how to do this by now, but I have two mono tracks
> that
> I wish to combine into one stereo track.  I couldn't figure out how to
> do
> it.  I've Read The FM.  Anyone know off the top of their head?  Many
> thanks.
>
> Rich

> happening
> July 14 at 8am PDT/11am EDT. We invite you to explore the latest in
> dual
> core and dual graphics technology at this free one hour event hosted
> by HP,
> AMD, and NVIDIA.  To register visit http://www.hp.com/go/dualwebinar

Re: How To Make A Stereo Track

Rich-2
Merci bien Christian. Je vais essayer cette solution aujourd'hui.

Richard

De: "Rich" <[hidden email]>
Date: Mercredi, Juillet 13, 2005 9:05 pm

> I know I should know how to do this by now, but I have two mono
> tracks that
> I wish to combine into one stereo track.  I couldn't figure out
> how to do
> it.  I've Read The FM.  Anyone know off the top of their head?
> Many thanks.
>
> Rich

Re: How To Make A Stereo Track

Sarah-25
but you won't hear it in stereo. you will still hear it in mono.
> pull-down menu within the Audacity window, top/left corner next to project
> name........."make stereo track"
>
> JGH
>

> On Wednesday, July 13, 2005, at 03:05 PM, Rich wrote:
>
>> I know I should know how to do this by now, but I have two mono tracks
>> that
>> I wish to combine into one stereo track.  I couldn't figure out how to do
>> it.  I've Read The FM.  Anyone know off the top of their head?  Many
>> thanks.
>>
>> Rich

Re: How To Make A Stereo Track

robpoland
If I am not mistaken I believe what Rich is trying to do is take two mono
tracks and combine them into one stereo track with one mono track being the
left stereo track and the other mono track being the right stereo
track...hence what he says "I have two mono tracks that I wish to combine
into one stereo track"  not convert a mono track into a stereo track with
left and right being identical.

Rob

> but you won't hear it in stereo. you will still hear it in mono.

Re: How To Make A Stereo Track

Rich-2
Yes Rob, that's exactly correct - and I wanted to thank everyone for their
suggestions.  I got it to work and everything is fine.  What I was doing was
splitting a normal stereo track into two mono tracks (left and right) so I
could apply different effects to each track, but then I wanted to combine
the two mono tracks back into a single stereo track.  But anyway, all is
well ... the result worked out great.

Rich
> If I am not mistaken I believe what Rich is trying to do is take two mono
> tracks and combine them into one stereo track with one mono track being
the

> left stereo track and the other mono track being the right stereo
> track...hence what he says "I have two mono tracks that I wish to combine
> into one stereo track"  not convert a mono track into a stereo track with
> left and right being identical.
>
> Rob

Re: How To Make A Stereo Track

Sarah-25
That might wirk. Give that a try. Sory I miss understood your post.
> If I am not mistaken I believe what Rich is trying to do is take two mono
> tracks and combine them into one stereo track with one mono track being
> the
> left stereo track and the other mono track being the right stereo
> track...hence what he says "I have two mono tracks that I wish to combine
> into one stereo track"  not convert a mono track into a stereo track with
> left and right being identical.
>
> Rob

Re: How To Make A Stereo Track

"Rich" <[hidden email]> said
 What I was doing was splitting a normal stereo track into two mono tracks (left and right) so I
could apply different effects to each track

When I split a stereo track to make effects I leave them as left and right.... is it better to make them       mono or does it not matter except for panning effects?

Outbound message certified clean.

0528-4, 14 07 2005
Tested on: 15/07/2005 04:00:54