upgrade to 2.1.3 from 2.0.6 and lost some effects tools!

upgrade to 2.1.3 from 2.0.6 and lost some effects tools!

danandrews
Hi Audacity,

I am using windows 7. 32 bit home premium at church, and windows 10. 64 bit at home.

On the Windows 10 computer, I have found the Leveler tool in the disabled list, and when I click on it, to enable it, it doesn't show up in the effects tool list, so I am unable to use it.
I have found the cross fade tools in the new list and they enabled OK though.

On the Windows 7 computer, after the up grade to 2.1.3 I seem to have lost the Leveler tool and the cross fade tools all together, and they don't show-up in any of the plug-in lists.

Also on an other tangent, on the windows 7 Church computer I upgraded the USB audio interface from a Cakewalk UA-1G to a PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, and that works well, but now when i am editing in Audacity I get a small short burst of static every time I click on the play button, any ideas why?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Sincerely, Dan Andrews

Email sent using Optus Webmail
*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: upgrade to 2.1.3 from 2.0.6 and lost some effects tools!

Stevethefiddle
The Leveller effect has been removed because it creates distortion.
If you actually want a distortion effect, use the new "Distortion"
effect (it includes presets identical to the old Leveller effect).
If you actually want to even out fluctuations in amplitude without
creating distortion, use the new "Limiter" effect.

You will find details of both of these new effects in the manual:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/distortion.html
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/limiter.html

Steve

On 10 July 2017 at 09:25,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Audacity,
>
> I am using windows 7. 32 bit home premium at church, and windows 10. 64 bit
> at home.
>
> On the Windows 10 computer, I have found the Leveler tool in the disabled
> list, and when I click on it, to enable it, it doesn't show up in the
> effects tool list, so I am unable to use it.
> I have found the cross fade tools in the new list and they enabled OK
> though.
>
> On the Windows 7 computer, after the up grade to 2.1.3 I seem to have lost
> the Leveler tool and the cross fade tools all together, and they don't
> show-up in any of the plug-in lists.
>
> Also on an other tangent, on the windows 7 Church computer I upgraded the
> USB audio interface from a Cakewalk UA-1G to a PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, and
> that works well, but now when i am editing in Audacity I get a small short
> burst of static every time I click on the play button, any ideas why?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
> Sincerely, Dan Andrews
> ________________________________
> Email sent using Optus Webmail

> *********** ASKING FOR HELP *************
>
> When asking for help on this list, please include the following information,
> so we can
> help you properly:
>
> * What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X
> 10.5.1)
>
> * Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help >
> About
>    Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)
>
> * If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and
> how is it
>    connected to the computer?
>
> Mailing list: [hidden email]
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, use the form at the bottom of this web page:

*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: upgrade to 2.1.3 from 2.0.6 and lost some effects tools!

danandrews
Thanks Steve,

At least now I know, why I couldn't get the Leveler to work, I'll have to see if I can learn how to use the Limiter tool.

Thanks again, All the Best, Dan

"Discussion list for Audacity users" <[hidden email]>

"Discussion list for Audacity users" <[hidden email]>

Sent:
Mon, 10 Jul 2017 10:17:20 +0100
Re: [Audacity-users] upgrade to 2.1.3 from 2.0.6 and lost some effects tools!

> [...]

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
Audacity, or Audacity > About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
connected to the computer?

Email sent using Optus Webmail
*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: upgrade to 2.1.3 from 2.0.6 and lost some effects tools!

Clyde Lyman
That reminds me, can I use external effects like the Vlaf G Limiter6, and the VOS effects? with Audacity

At least now I know, why I couldn't get the Leveler to work, I'll have to see if I can learn how to use the Limiter tool.

Thanks again, All the Best, Dan

"Discussion list for Audacity users" <[hidden email]>

"Discussion list for Audacity users" <[hidden email]>

Sent: