(vector (aref s 0)(aref s 0))

Stevethefiddle
Running Nyquist in Audacity with the Nyquist Prompt effect:

When applied to a stereo track, I would have expected that the
following code would return a stereo track with the original left
channel in both left and right channels.
(vector (aref s 0)(aref s 0))

However, what happens is that the left channel is split into small
sections (2220 samples when the sample rate is 44.1 kHz) which are
then distributed between the two channels (alternating between one
channel and the other). Is this a bug in Nyquist?

rbd

Re: (vector (aref s 0)(aref s 0))

rbd
Very interesting. This looks like a subtle bug in the interface between
Audacity and Nyquist. This works find in Nyquist. As a workaround, try
     (vector (aref (snd-copy s) 0) (aref s 0))
I'm not able to work on this immediately, but it's probably not a
difficult fix.

     -Roger

On 7/1/11 7:32 AM, Steve the Fiddle wrote:

> Running Nyquist in Audacity with the Nyquist Prompt effect:
>
> When applied to a stereo track, I would have expected that the
> following code would return a stereo track with the original left
> channel in both left and right channels.
> (vector (aref s 0)(aref s 0))
>
> However, what happens is that the left channel is split into small
> sections (2220 samples when the sample rate is 44.1 kHz) which are
> then distributed between the two channels (alternating between one
> channel and the other). Is this a bug in Nyquist?

Re: (vector (aref s 0)(aref s 0))

This appears to be a bug in Audacity as in standalone Nyquist the command:
(play (vector (aref sound 0)(aref sound 0)))
works as expected.

Steve