wasapi

Kristoffer Gustafsson
Hi.
I got trouble recording with a soundcard(asus xonar u5)
I can't use wasapi. just get a lot of errors.
Can i use wasapi with all soundcards, or is there some where I can not use it?
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a

Training and support from Colfax.
*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: wasapi

WASAPI is the least "compatible" of the hosts listed in Device Toolbar
and is more subject to settings being correct everywhere (in Audacity,
Windows and the device).

Are the errors "error opening sound device" in Audacity? What are
you recording with the device? Something plugged into its 3.5mm
input jack, or some audio playing on the device? If the latter, are
you playing 5:1 audio? I don't "think" Audacity as shipped will record
that.

Here is a list of known issues with WASAPI host in Audacity:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Release_Notes_2.1.2#wasapi .

And here is how to use WASAPI loopback to record computer
playback:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_recording_computer_playback_on_windows.html#wasapi
.

See if something in those links helps.

Gale

On 3 November 2016 at 07:35, Kristoffer Gustafsson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
> I got trouble recording with a soundcard(asus xonar u5)
> I can't use wasapi. just get a lot of errors.
> Can i use wasapi with all soundcards, or is there some where I can not use it?
> /Kristoffer
>
> --
> Kristoffer Gustafsson
> Salängsgatan 7a
> tel:033-12 60 93
> mobil: 0730-500934

> Training and support from Colfax.
> *********** ASKING FOR HELP *************
>
> When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
> help you properly:
>
> * What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)
>
> * Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
>    Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)
>
> * If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
>    connected to the computer?
>
> Mailing list: [hidden email]
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, use the form at the bottom of this web page:

Training and support from Colfax.
*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
   connected to the computer?

Re: wasapi

Kristoffer Gustafsson
Hi.
I get error opening sound device.
I just want to record speaker loopback on my card. there is no stereo
mix option to record from.
//Kristoffer

> [...]
> how is it
>    connected to the computer?
>
> Mailing list: [hidden email]
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, use the form at the bottom of this web page:

Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

Training and support from Colfax.
*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************

When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:

* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)

* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
   Audacity, or Audacity >  About Audacity on a Mac computer)

* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it

The link I gave previously should help:

Also you may need to turn on Exclusive Mode for your device
in Windows Sound then set Audacity Project Rate bottom left to
a rate supported by the device. Help > Audio Device Info... top
right of Audacity should show the sample rates the device
supports. For details, see:

(it applies to all versions of Windows Vista and later).

Also try turning Transport > Overdub off.

Note that if the audio you want to record is playing on an application
that demands exclusive access to the sound card, such as some
games, then WASAPI loopback cannot record that audio.

Gale